JOHN FARR Plumbing & Heating | Licensed Plumber |

Correcting Oath Violations Have you recently received an OATH violation? OATH violations are issued by the NYC Department of Buildings. OATH is the acronym for the Office of Administrative Trials and Hearings. If you’ve received an OATH violation, it means your building, part of your building or a system within the building is hazardous or in violation of the NYC building codes.

How do you get an OATH violation?

A DOB inspector has to walk onto your property or inside your building, discover the violation and write a violation notice. This typically doesn’t happen randomly. Usually, someone who’s been on the property called the NYC Department of Buildings to report the hazardous condition. Additionally, if your building is being upgraded, inspections are part of the process. During one of the inspections of the upgrades or renovations, the inspector noticed a hazardous condition and wrote a violation.

How do you correct an OATH violation?

In order to correct an OATH violation, you must fix the problem. For example, if an inspector noticed a leaking gas pipe, you’d need to have the pipe replaced by a licensed plumbing contractor before you could submit the paperwork to have the violation cleared. In fact, there are three steps to correcting OATH violations

  1. Read the Document – Always read the OATH violation document to determine which of your properties has the violation, the type of violation and the date by which the hazardous condition must be corrected.
  2. Contact the Appropriate Contractor – Next contact the appropriate licensed contractor so that the problem can be fixed. For example, if you have a plumbing violation, you’ll need to contact a licensed master plumber that specializes in fixing plumbing related OATH violations.
  3. Submit the paperwork to the DOB – Once the contractor has fixed the problem and provided you with all the documentation and pictures to show proof that the OATH violation has been corrected, you’ll need to submit that paperwork to the DOB. You’ll also need to keep copies of that paperwork for your OATH hearing and pay any applicable fees.

How John Farr Can Help with Correcting OATH Violations

If you need help correcting OATH violations for plumbing systems, including gas and water, John Farr can help. To get John Farr’s DOB plumbing violations removal service and bring your building back up to code and for assistance with illegal basement violations, gas company violations, gas boiler violations, or any NYC Department of Buildings plumbing violations in NYC, call John Farr at 917-324-2535.