Gas Pipe Violation Removal
Understanding and Correcting Gas Pipe Violations In an effort to save money on utility bills and make their building more attractive to tenants, landlords will often install gas appliances, like stoves, water heaters, boilers and gas dryers. Unfortunately, all those gas appliances need a lot of gas piping, and if it isn’t installed correctly, you could receive a gas pipe violation. The good news is that master plumbers John Farr can help you resolve gas pipe violations so that you can continue to provide your tenants with the utilities they need and maintain your occupancy certificate.
Reasons You Might Get a Gas Pipe Violation
- Corroded or Old Gas Pipes – If your gas pipes are corroded or old, they may start to leak. This can send a rotten egg smell throughout your building, and if a resident or a visitor smells gas, they may report it to 911.
- Illegal or Improper Installation – All gas pipes must be installed according to the building codes of NYC. If the pipes or the installation does not meet these codes, you could receive a gas pipe violation and work on your building could be stopped until the issue is repaired.
- Improper Ventilation – All gas appliances must have a properly working chimney or flue in order to ventilate the exhaust gases, which can contain carbon monoxide. If the flues and chimneys are blocked or leaking, you could receive a violation.
- Permit Problems – All gas line work in NYC must have the proper permits pulled. If the individual installing your gas lines did not pull the correct permits, you could receive a violation.
- Work Was Not Performed by a Licensed Master Plumber – Gas pipe work that was not performed by a licensed master plumber with a gas certification or under the direction of a licensed master plumber with the appropriate qualifications may be flagged if caught by an inspector. Therefore, it is extremely important that you vet all your contractors before you hire them to make sure they have the proper qualifications and licenses for New York City.
What to Do if You’ve Received a Gas Pipe Violation
If you receive a gas pipe violation from the DOB, first read the violation notice. It will tell you the problems found and explain the findings. Next, call a licensed master plumber, like John Farr, to have your violation corrected in a timely manner. John Farr will read the notice, examine the gas pipes that need to be repaired or replaced, pull the proper permits and perform the work in accordance with the current building codes of NYC. Once he finishes, you will receive all the documentation, including pictures, that you need to submit to the DOB in order to get the violation resolved.
If you’ve recently received a stop work order for any gas or water pipe violation or to to get your HPD, ECB/OATH violations corrected, illegal basement violation, gas company violation, gas boiler violation or any Plumbing building violations in NYC removed, call John Farr at 917-324-2535.