LAA Permits

 In Uncategorized

LAA Permits in NYC for Pipe Repairs Are you wondering why you’d need to have an LAA permit in order to correct certain Department of Building’s violations? LAA stands for Limited Alteration Applications, and these permits are required when making changes, installing new pipes or making repairs to existing gas, fire system and plumbing lines. The good news is that getting an LAA permit doesn’t require hiring an engineer or registered architect. All you need is a licensed master plumber, master fire suppression contractor or oil burner installer, depending on the types of plumbing repairs your building needs.

When Do You Need an LAA Permit

If you’ve received a Department of Building’s violation that is in regards to a plumbing system, including gas, water and fire, you’ll most likely need an LAA permit. These permits allow the work to be performed by the licensed contractor. The good news is that you do not have to determine if an LAA permit is needed, your licensed master plumber will assess the needed repairs, create an estimate and get the proper permits for the job.

Who Can File an LAA Permit

It’s important to note that the building owner or property manager does not file for the permit. Permits, instead, must be attained by the contractor before work starts on the project. Therefore, it’s best to read your violation notice and hire the appropriate contractor so that all the proper permits can be pulled, and the work is performed in accordance with the current NYC building codes.

Emergency Work and LAA Permits

While LAA permits must be filed before the start of work in most instances, there is an exception for emergency work. When the plumbing work that needs to be performed is deemed an emergency situation, like the gas lines are leaking, or there is an imminent danger associated with the plumbing defect, work can be performed prior to pulling the LAA permit. In this instance, the contractor must file an Emergency Work Notice. Once the work notice is filed, the contractor can make the repairs and wait to file for the LAA permit. However, the contractor only has five days to get the permit after the Emergency Work Notice is filed.

LAA Permits for DOB Violations

If you have a water pipe or gas line Department of Buildings violation, John Farr can read the notice, assess the situation, recommend the needed repairs and acquire the LAA permit. If the violation is in regards to an emergency situation, he can file an Emergency Work Order, complete the work and file for the permit within the allotted timeframe.

To learn how John Farr can help you with your plumbing-related building violations in NYC. Also, to get your HPD, ECB/OATH violations corrected, illegal basement violation, gas company violation, gas boiler violation or any Plumbing building violations in NYC removed, call John Farr at 917-324-2535.

Recent Posts
Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text.