How to Avoid Needing Plumbing Violations Removal in Queens, NYC. With the housing situation in NYC being critical, you may be tempted to convert currently unlivable spaces into apartments. However, it’s important that you understand what areas of your building can be converted into habitable units so that you can avoid needing a plumbing violations removal service.

1. Make sure You’re Renovating a Basement

Only basements can be legally turned into apartments, and they are classified as having more than 50 percent of their exterior wall height above ground. By contrast, a cellar is a space below ground that has less than 50 percent of the exterior wall space above ground level. Before you turn your subterranean level into apartments or rental spaces, make sure to hire a contractor who can accurately determine if the space is a cellar or a basement.

2. Always Hire a Licensed Master Plumber

Rental units must have running water in the kitchen and bathroom(s), and you must provide hot water and a heat source, like a furnace or a boiler. In order to make sure these new fixtures adhere to current building codes and are properly installed and ventilated, you should always hire a licensed master plumber. This is because permits are needed to install new water and gas lines as well as heating equipment. If your contractor fails to pull the proper permits or does an improper installation, you could find yourself in need of a plumbing violations removal.

3. Always Hire Other Licensed Contractors as Needed

In order to successfully, safely and legally create new rental units in your building, you’ll need the services of other contractors, including a general contractor, electricians and possibly an architect. Always make sure to thoroughly vet all the contractors you hire and make sure they are licensed to work in New York City.

What to Do if You Need a Plumbing Violations Removal

You did everything correctly, yet a building inspector still found a plumbing violation. Don’t worry. John Farr can help you correct building violations in regards to new and existing gas and water plumbing systems. He will listen to your plumbing violation problem, read the notice and take the steps needed to perform a plumbing violations removal service. Once he finishes the work, you will have all the documentation and pictures you need to clear the violation with the NYC Department of Buildings.

Maintain your Building Occupancy Certificate, call John Farr at 917-324-2535. He always answers his phone personally, and he can take care of emergency plumbing violation situations.

Or, if you’ve recently received a stop work order for any gas or water pipe violation or to to get your HPD, ECB/OATH violations corrected, illegal basement violation, gas company violation, gas boiler violation or any Plumbing building violations in Queens, Brooklyn or Bronx in NYC removed, call John Farr at 917-324-2535.

image of an actual plumbing violations document
image of an actual plumbing violations document in NYC