Removing Stop Work Orders

 In Uncategorized

Are you familiar with stop work orders?  Stop work orders are issued when a building is deemed to be in violation of NYC building codes, and work cannot continue until the hazardous situation has been remedied. The good news is that it is possible to fix the issue and get back to your construction or remodeling project.

Why You Received a Stop Work Order

Stop work orders are issued under the New York City Administrative Code 28-207.2. They are issued due to two primary reasons, including unsafe or hazardous conditions and lack of proper permits.

  • Hazardous Conditions – All worksites and construction areas must be maintained in a safe condition and workers must have the proper safety gear. If a hazardous situation is observed by the inspector, a stop work order will be issued.
  • No Permit – All work environments, whether they are new construction, additions, remodeling or updates, must have the proper permits. If your contractor failed to pull the permits and the NYC Department of Buildings realizes the problem, you will receive an order to stop work immediately. Typically, you can resume work once you have the proper permits.

Stop Work Orders that You May Receive

  • Full Stop – All work in the building must cease until the violation has been corrected.
  • Partial Stop – Only work in the hazardous area or certain types of work must stop until the violation has been corrected.

Get Help with Your Water and Gas Pipe Stop Work Orders with John Farr, Serving NYC

To avoid penalties and other consequences, it’s important to never violate a stop work order by demanding work continue. If you are caught violating a stop work order, you could receive fines between $5,000 and $10,000. Instead, you should call the appropriate licensed and experienced professional to help you quickly correct the situation so that you can get back to completing your project.
With 20 years of plumbing experience and handling all types of gas and water pipe violations, even those that come with stop work orders, John Farr can help you. He can quickly assess the situation, read your violation as well as the attached stop work order and determine the best course of action to correct the situation and get the stop work order rescinded.

If you’ve recently received a stop work order for any gas or water pipe violation, call John Farr at 917-324-2535.

Also, to get your HPD, ECB/OATH violations corrected, illegal basement violation, gas company violation, gas boiler violation or any Plumbing building violations in NYC removed, call John Farr at 917-324-2535.

Recent Posts
Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text.