JOHN FARR Plumbing & Heating | Licensed Plumber |

Have you recently gotten a work without permit violation? Work Without Permit Violations occur when you have work performed on your building and did not get the appropriate permit. This can result in a stop work order (SWO), which means your project will not be completed in a timely manner. Not to mention, you’ll probably get assessed fines.

What is a permit?

A permit is a document that allows you to proceed with certain work. Not all renovation and construction projects need permits, so it’s important to do your research and determine whether or not you need a permit prior to starting the project. If you hire a contractor, the contractor will pull any applicable permits before starting the job.

What is a stop work order?

A stop work order means that the unpermitted project cannot move forward and all construction must stop until the violation is resolved. Failure to adhere to the stop work order can result in additional fines and penalties.

Resolving Work Without Permit Violations

Resolving a work without a permit violation involves paying all civil penalties and acquiring the needed permit or permits. However, it’s important to note that even after getting the permits, an SWO will not be removed until the fines are paid and the property is re-inspected. Once the property has been reinspected and found compliant with all applicable building codes, the SWO will be removed and work can continue.

How do you get a permit?

Getting a permit requires plans to be drawn up and submitted to the Department of Buildings. Engineers and architects can help with this stage. Once those documents are submitted, a Plan Examiner reviews them. From there, the plans are either approved or denied. If the plans are denied, you may have the option of making changes so that they are approved.

What happens if you do not want to get a permit?

If you do any work on the property including removing any fixtures you must get a permit.

Getting Help with Your Work Without Permit Violation from John Farr

If you’ve received a work without permit violation for a plumbing issue, John Farr can help. He can review your violation and explain your options. The standard options are pulling the permit and paying the fines so that work can be completed or restoring the building to its previous permitted condition. The good news is that John Farr can work with your architects and engineers in order to correct the issues. Once he’s finished making the corrections and collaborating with the other professionals on the site, he will supply you with the documentation you need to apply for a Certificate of Correction.

To get your gas shutdowns Bronx corrected or if you need help correcting OATH violations for plumbing systems, including gas and water, John Farr can help. To get John Farr’s DOB plumbing violations removal service and bring your building back up to code and for assistance with illegal basement violations, gas company violations, gas boiler violations, or any NYC Department of Buildings plumbing violations in NYC, call John Farr at 917-324-2535.