Gas boiler violations removal
Dealing With Gas Boiler Violations in NYC When it comes to making your tenant building more attractive to prospective renters, you may be thinking about installing more gas appliances. After all, gas is natural, affordable and energy-efficient. Not to mention, gas appliances tend to last longer than electric appliances. For example, an electric stove only lasts about 13 years, but a gas stove lasts about 15 years.
Gas and oil-fired furnaces last between 18 and 20 years while their electric counterparts only tend to last 15 to 16 years. However, with the addition of new gas appliances, you’ll need new gas piping, and if it’s not installed correctly by a licensed master plumber with a gas pipe certification, you could be looking at a gas boiler violation.
How to Avoid Getting a Gas Boiler Violation
When you own a tenant building and have renters, it’s important to make sure your building is always up to code and that you take steps to have maintenance and installations done correctly by the appropriate contractor.
- Always hire a contractor that is licensed and experienced in NYC.
- Make sure the gas appliances you are installing can legally go into the places where you are installing them.
- Make sure permits are pulled where applicable.
- Make sure the appliance is properly vented.
- Always install smoke, fire and carbon monoxide detectors around gas appliances and keep the detectors operational.
Know the Reasons You Might Get a Gas Boiler Violation
No building owner wants to get a gas boiler violation. It means having to get immediate repairs, paying fines and possibly attending a hearing. Fortunately, knowing why you might get one can help you avoid them.
- Having gas pipes that are extremely old and/or corroded.
- Having repairs and gas pipe installations installed by the wrong person, like a handyman or yourself
- Not having permits pulled
- Not having the appropriate ventilation for the gas appliance
- Not having the appropriate safety equipment, like smoke, fire and carbon monoxide detectors
Clearing Gas Boiler Violations with John Farr
If you do find yourself with a gas boiler violation, John Farr can help. He has more than 30 years of experience in helping small and large residential buildings clear their DOB violations so that they can keep their Certificate of Occupancy and avoid huge fines for not repairing the problem in a timely manner. He can pull the appropriate permits, perform emergency repairs for violations that must be corrected within 24 hours and provide you with all the documentation and pictures you need.
For assistance with your OATH violations, illegal basement violations, gas company violations, gas boiler violations, or any NYC Department of Buildings plumbing violations in NYC, call John Farr at 917-324-2535.