JOHN FARR Plumbing & Heating | Licensed Plumber |

Eliminate Stop Work Orders.

One of the most serious offenses you can receive from the NYC Department of Buildings is a stop work order (SWO). When a repair or construction site is judged unsafe, SWOs—also known as Stop work orders—are issued. If you haven’t gotten a note on your door, it is best to reach out to them for more information because breaking a SWO might result in fines and penalties.

Stop Work Orders: Types
When you get a stop work order, you have to cease working until the dangerous condition has been fixed. Stop work orders, however, might be either partial or full. Let’s examine the variations.

Complete [SWO] Stop Work Order
When the NYC DOB issues a full stop work order, it indicates that all work at the site must halt, with the exception of that which is necessary to correct the unsafe or hazardous situation.

Partial Stop Work Order
A partial SWO indicates one particular area of the building has a stop work order. Other portions of the building are not affected by the SWO.

Sanctions for Breaking SWOs
What does it mean to disobey a stop work order? Failure to remove the stop work order before moving forward with the refurbishment or construction constitutes a breach of the SWO. Sometimes there is a $6,000 fine for the first violation. Sometimes a $12,000 fine is incurred for the second violation.

How to Get the New York Department of Buildings’ Stop Work Order Corrected
1. To determine if the stop work order is a full or partial stop work order, carefully read the stop work order notice. Find out what needs to be fixed, then select the right contractor.
2. Have a qualified and competent contractor address all of the aforementioned dangerous or risky problems.
3. Deliver a Certificate of Correct to the NYC DOB, if necessary.
4. Ask the SWO coordinator to conduct another inspection of the job site.
5. Pay every fine associated with the stop work order.
6. To have the SWO removed, get in touch with the department that issued the fine or the SWO coordinator.

John Farr’s Stop Work Order removal
Contact John Farr if your Department of Buildings stop work order in New York City relates to water or gas lines. John is skilled in collaborating with other construction and remodeling contractors to quickly fix your gas and water plumbing problems. He has decades of experience in the field of correcting plumbing building violations. If your violation involves more than one type of contractor. Even notices that need to be corrected within 24 hours can be handled by him.


To get your stop work order corrected or to get John Farr’s DOB plumbing violations removal service and bring your building back up to code and for assistance with your OATH violations, illegal basement violations, gas company violations, gas boiler violations, or any NYC Department of Buildings plumbing violations in NYC, call John Farr at 917-324-2535.